If you have entrance gates in your house, you probably need two doorbell cameras to enhance security. But Can you have two ring doorbells at different locations? If yes, then How? Don’t worry. I will explain each and everything you need to know when you want to adjust two ring doorbells at different locations. Let’s know the secrets!
Can you have multiple ring doorbells in one house?
The answer is yes, you can use multiple Ring doorbells in different locations in one Ring app. The app lets you group devices by physical location. And now you’re wondering, if motion is detected, how do I know which camera alerted me? Don’t worry. The Ring app will let you know which device the alert is coming from. You can set custom notifications to get instant alarms when someone rings the bell.
How to Install Two Ring Doorbells at Different Locations
First, you need to install the doorbell where you want to place it. But remember to choose a perfect location. Also, keep it near your Wi-Fi network or router. Follow the steps below to set up Multiple Ring Doorbells:
- Log in to your Ring App
- You can see the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner. Click it to open the menu.
- Now go on ‘Set Up a Device’
- Select the device you want to set
- It will ask you to scan a QR Code. You will find it in the back of your Ring Doorbell or a quick start guide.
- Scan the QR code.
- Give a unique name to your device to avoid getting confused with other devices.
- Confirm your current address or add a new one
- Continue the steps for adding multiple devices.
Can you connect two ring doorbells to one chime?
Yes, you can connect two ring doorbells to one chime. Follow the steps below to set up the ring doorbell chime:
- Open Ring App
- Click the menu in the top-left corner
- Select “Devices.”
- Select your Ring Chime
- Tap “Chime Network”
- Connect your Ring Video Doorbell
Can I Share My Ring Devices?
Yes, you can add other people to your Ring account as Shared Users. But they are not allowed to delete videos or accounts. Also, they cannot change any settings. Here are the steps to share Ring account:
- Open Ring app
- Click menu icon
- Select “Devices.”
- Select the device you want to share
- Select “Shared Access.”
- Tap “Add User.”
- Enter the email address that you wish to share access
- Select “Send Invite.”
How much data does a ring camera use per month
A ring camera uses around 2 GB for standard video quality per month. And for high definition video, it uses 4 GB per month.
How far does a ring camera see
According to Ring, the Ring camera can see up to 1500 feet. If your motion sensitivity is turned off, then this range will be lower. And in the night, it can see up to 30 feet.
How to turn off ring doorbell without app
To turn off ring doorbell without the app, follow the steps below:
- Remove the battery
- Turn off the Wifi or internet connection
- Disconnect your camera from the power source
- Mute Chime to Avoid Alerts
- Remove the doorbell from the mount
Why is my ring camera black and white
There are several reasons for your ring camera black and white. Try these fixes to solve the ring camera black and white issue:
- Adjust the Colour Night Vision
- Adjust the Infrared Settings
- Reboot the Ring Camera
- Change Camera Location
- Contact Ring support for help
How to turn off Hi you are currently being recorded
- Open Ring App
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Select “Device”
- Choose the device you want to turn off the settings for
- Toggle off Motion Warning