Blink cameras are an affordable way to protect and monitor your home and living space. Because of this, blink outdoor cameras have become very popular these days. But most people face problems due to not setting up the camera properly. In this article, we will give you a step by step guideline on “How to Install Blink Outdoor Camera.” Additionally, we will cover, adjust motion detection, set up the blink app, and fix blink camera blinking red problems.
How to setup blink outdoor camera
With the proper knowledge, you can set up the camera in minutes. But before starting, you need to download the app and create an account with your Country, email, password, and more. Don’t forget to verify your email and phone number. Let’s know the process in detail:
Step 1: Install the Blink App
First, download the Blink app and install it on your smartphone. The app is available on the App Store or Google Play and for iOS and Android devices. Also, an easy way to download it is to scan the QR code on the first page of the instruction manual. The code takes you to the Blink website so you can easily find the app.
Step 2: Make a New Account
To create a new account on the Blink app:
- Tap Create account option.
- Select your Country from the dropdown.
- The region will be pre-selected based on your IP address.
- Confirm region by tapping OK.
- Give a valid Email address and tap next
- Create a strong password
- Enter the password again
- Click Create Account
- Verify your account
Step 3: Set Up Your Sync Module
To set up Sync Module for blink camera:
- Open the Blink app.
- Tap the plus sign.
- Go to Blink Wireless Camera System.
- Give the serial number or Scan the QR code (Check Back of the Sync Module).
- Create a name for your Blink system.
- Plug in the sync module and wait until the light pattern turns blinking blue and steady green.
- Tap Discover Device.
- Join the network named “BLINK-____.” (The last four digits are from the Sync Module serial number).
- Choose your wifi, enter your password, and Click done.
- Tap done, and complete the process.
- You will see a cloud icon with a green connection line after the Blink server has successfully connected.
Step 4: Insert Batteries Into Blink outdoor Camera
To insert the battery and Set Up Your Cameras:
- Remove the back cover (Use the provided tools).
- Insert two AA batteries. ( Try to use Lithium-ion batteries)
- Go to the Blink Home Monitor app and tap the Plus icon
- Choose your camera model
- Scan the QR (Check inside the Camera).
- Wait for the update and tap next.
- Click done, and it’s ready to use.
Step 5: Mount your Blink camera
After completing all the process, it’s time to mount your camera in the right place. Choose a position that can cover the important area with the right angle. You can mount the Blink camera in two ways, one with brackets and screws and the other with a stand. If you want to mount the camera in a high place, first screw the hanger and then place the camera. After positioning the camera, adjust the angle using the adjustable mount for the best view.
Step 6: Customize your outdoor camera settings
The last step will be to customize the settings for a better view and strengthen the security. You can select the settings according to your needs.
- Configuring Privacy Zones
- Adjusting Camera Speaker Volume
- Set Motion Detection
- Set Video Quality
- Arm/Disarm Schedule
- Recording Length settings
How to share blink camera access
For Sharing the Blink camera access:
- Open Blink app
- Go to the menu and select “User.”
- Click “+” icon to invite new user
- Enter new user email and send the invitation
How to turn off red light on blink camera
A blink camera can blinking red for many reasons. Check your WiFi connection, battery life, and server issues. Additionally, check the distance of the WiFi router from the camera and try to keep it close. If it still flashes red, you need to reset the camera.
Does blink camera work without wifi
No, Blink Camera doesn’t work without WiFi. Because it needs an internet connection to connect the camera to Blink cloud servers. Also, to monitor and control your camera, you will need the Blink camera app, which must require an internet connection.
Why is my Blink camera not picking up motion?
Turn off your WiFi router and turn it on after some time to fix the problem. Also, check the battery life because due to low battery, it can stop detecting motion. Sometimes this happens when the firmware is not updated.
Conclusion for “How to Install Blink Outdoor Camera.”
As you can see, it’s a simple process. Follow these easy to understand steps to install your blink camera and keep your home safe. For additional help, you can contact the Blink support system. They offer exceptional customer service that is easily accessible. Also, you will get the necessary tools with it.